Retour au site    Inscription    Connexion    Rechercher    FAQ    Cours    Interros   Emploi soignant

Index du forum » i-manip : les forums » Bienvenue !

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : Stella McCartney, fashion designer
 Message  Publié : 13 Mars 2018 06:52 

Message(s) : 17
Stella McCartney, fashion designer
The British designer is a crusader for ethical and sustainable luxury fashion.
Stella McCartney’s work at her namesake label has redefined the very notion of sustainability in fashion. Now one of the industry’s leading designers, McCartney continues to champion environmental issues while providing the modern take on tailoring that converts of her brand have come to know and expect–proving that you can have luxury and sustainability in fashion.
The designer studied fashion design at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication before hopping across to Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. Famously, her 1995 graduation collection made headlines because she recruited her friends to walk in her presentation–her friends were supermodels Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.
Two years later, McCartney took the helm at French label Chloé where she designed for the house until setting up her eponymous label in 2001. McCartney quickly turned her focus to shaping her business on sustainability ethics. “When I started out, the concept of not using leather or fur in luxury fashion was met with shock and a lack of understanding. I would go so far as to say I was ridiculed,” McCartney writes in Vogue Australia’s March 2018 issue. “We were questioned whether we could have any type of healthy business and appeal to anyone on the planet. If I didn’t sell leather, how could I have a fashion house?”
Seventeen years later, McCartney’s business is still built on this consciousness. “What I have done over the years is show people that you don’t need to sacrifice anything to be more mindful, more responsible and more conscious, both on a business level and on a product level. There’s another way of doing business that moves us forward.”
She continues to challenge the conversation, shift mentality and inspire other luxury fashion houses to follow suit.
Meet all of our 2018 Game Changers here
Read more at:

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 

Index du forum » i-manip : les forums » Bienvenue !